We left Saturday the 7th bright and early, around 6am. We were stoked. Please remember that we have been waiting for this vacation since February.....that is way too long to be waiting.
We tried a couple yummy restaurants, did some fun window shopping and enjoyed frozen yogurt.
Shanna got the opportunity to visit some family while we were in Palms. Both her Great Aunt and Grandpa lived less than 5 minutes away from our condo. I took the opportunity to catch up on the food network and hgtv trash. It was delightful and I know she was happy to be able to see them. Win, Win. We also visited Palm Desert (sounds hot, right?...it was) We didn't last long and ended up in a movie theatre where we saw Despicable Me 2....we had the whole theatre to ourselves.
By Tuesday we were back on the road heading to Aneheim. We got to Disneyland minutes after they opened. So did everyone else lol. Honestly though, the lines were awesome, can't complain.
After our visit to Newport we returned to Palms Springs. Did I mention that one morning we signed up for water aerobics? It was hilarious! And seriously kicked my butt at times. We were several years younger than most but it was a grand time. We enjoyed the pool, the work out room (well Shanna did) and our smoothies and milkshakes we created with the vitamix.
Thursday night (our final night) we attended the village fest. About 5 blocks are closed to traffic and at least a 100 vendors set up their products to sell. It was nice to be downtown with the moon instead of the glaring sun. We watched an amazing artist create a phenomenal painting with some tools and spray paint in just a couple of minutes and we couldn't have been happier to be there. It was free and a plesant time.
Things we learned from Palms Spring:
- It is not somewhere I will ever move to. Ever.
- It is hot. All. The. Time. Those 3 cardigans don't need to come out of the luggage.
- If you make nasty enchiladas, they don't taste better the second time. Nor the 3rd.
- Not all mountains are created equal. Utah mountains are beautiful, majesty even....Palms Spring mountains look like scabs. No Lie.
- Egg roll wrappers, filled with nutella and bananas, fried and eaten with ice cream is heaven. And a great reward after suffering through those said enchiladas.
- Heat exhaustion is real. Stay hydrated. But prepare to wake up numerous times throughout the night to visit the restroom.
- Don't eat a philly cheese steak sandwich in Disneyland. Enough said.
- If a random man starts swimming towards you in the pool with a glazed look in his eye, don't say, "Hello", instead swim faster than you have ever swam before.
- Call the hotel before lugging a nook, and laptop. Mood drastically declines when you realize Wifi isn't available.
- Check for ice in the freezer before chopping up fruit for mood increasing smoothie.
We won't be visiting Palms Springs anytime soon. But we have lots of pictures and funny memories and that was totally worth the trip.