Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Freezer Meals

Tomorrow is the big day! I finally FINALLY get to start in the Riverton clinic. It has been over a month since the receptionist in Riverton quit. I can't believe how many people they have interviewed that have not worked out. It was the best feeling to walk out of the clinic today and realize that I wouldn't be returning. I am ready to start fresh in Riverton. It will be even better in a couple of months when I live just 5 minutes from work. Yay!

Anthony does not cook. I have done afternoon shifts with the clinic before and it was difficult with dinner. I am grumpy if I don't eat as soon as I get home and it is frustrating to have to make dinner the second I walk in the door. I decided that I needed to get prepared before I changed shifts. I put together some freezer meals. It took me 3 hours and cost around 50 dollars for 5 meals. There is a ton of food so they will be good for leftovers and lunches. It was exhausting but I know it will be awesome when I come home wanting to eat. They all just need to be either shoved in the oven or microwaved....Anth shouldn't have any issues :)

Breakfast Burritos
Quesadilla Cassorole
Chicken Alfredo
Wild Rice & Chicken
Pizza Bagels

 Note: I buy the taco bell restaurant sauce. It is delightful!
 Recipe calls for corn. I don't dig corn in casseroles, so I skipped it.
Recipe from Joyful Momma. I also got a chicken and rice recipe from her blog as well.I didn't take any pictures because I was in the zone!

I also made pizza bagels. I bought 2 plain bagels, cut them in half and added sauce, cheese, green onions and mini pepperonis. I wrapped them in wax paper and tin foil.

FREEZING MEALS IS EXHAUSTING BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT! 



4 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

lookin mighty fine there linds! way to go on the meals. i wanna hear how it goes, i've given this some thought before and i'm just not convinced i can pull it off.

Khinna said...

I love freezer meals. I just don't have adequate space in my home fridge. Looks good, Lindsey!

Parkinson's said...

Those look fantastic. My neighbor actually made the chicken and wild rice one for our freezer meal swap so it's waiting in my freezer---I'll let you know when we eat it. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

Alicia said...

Great idea. Looks all very good. I love the Taco Bell sauce. It is the only kind I buy. It was always hard to find in the stores near me. Except at Wal-Mart but who really wants to go to the ghetto one. Now I'm going to have to see if I can find it here.