Friday, August 31, 2012

Rat A Tat Tat....

Shanna got a tat!

For her 30th birthday Shanna wanted to get a 2nd tattoo. I was lucky enough to be able to go with her. I have been SO excited to see how it would turn out.

I have no issues with tattoos. I don't find them offensive, I don't care if people have them, and I find them completely intriguing. I often wonder what each tattoo represents. As the tattoo appointment was set, Anthony had numerous talks with me, "Please don't come home with one." I wish I could get one. I really do, although I know I shouldn't, and maybe if Anthony ever divorced me for some reason, and I was low and feeling like I had nothing left to live for, I would get one and it would be adorable. But for now, I respect Anthonys wishes (: and instead I will live vacarioulsy through Shanna.  She is the coolest person I know and I cannot thank her enough for letting me go with. The artist was nice and didn't freak me out and the atmosphere was not intimidating. It looked so painful but she was a rock star. We talked the entire time to try to keep both of us preoccupied. I say we because it was hard to watch her flinching! I needed a distraction as much as she did.

Also, I caught up with a fellow high school alumni...random right? He was wincing while getting his rib cage done...YIKES! He looked totally familiar so while Shanna got her ankle wrapped I went over and asked him where he was from. I am not 100% sure that he knows who I am. Again...I was mute in high school. But I know him and it was funny to see someone from Tremonton in a tattoo parlor....small world.

Anyways, it was a fun night. The tattoo is freaking adorable and I can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks when it isn't bloody and painful looking. WAY TA GO SHANNA! YOU ROCK!


2 comments:

Shanna said...

I am so happy you came with me! The chatting definitely helped!

It's always nice when you can reconnect with past acquaintances...especially in totally random situations. What are the odds?

I had a great time tonight, and I'm really grateful for your help and advice. I think the branch is my favorite part, it looks amazing!

You're the best!!!

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Love it! normally people get tattoo's of weird roses and crosses, and butterflies... i'm totally diggin' the owl!