Monday, September 27, 2010

One of those days

Yesterday I had one of those day. You know the kind of day that you don't want to do anything but sit on the couch all day. Then you are shocked when you see a butt dent when you get up for another satisfying snack from the kitchen. I was disgustingly lazy. I was sick all day from a nasty cold and numerous things were neglected. Some bad fruit on the counter grew a fruit fly or two, the dishes began to stink. I put something in the freezer and quickly closed the door knowing full well that the item was going to come tumbling out for the next time. I was not impressed with myself either.

This morning I woke up feeling just as bad so I called into work and got my shift covered. I then sat on the couch and thought of all the things that should of been accomplished the days before. I moved from room to room feeling more and more relieved as the items were discarded and others placed where they belong. I sat back down having accomplished the kitchen and the front room. In the back of my mind there was one thing I knew I had to do. The craft room....dun dun dun. This room has been neglected for months. The floor was completely covered with paper and fabric and old mail and just crap. It was so bad that Anthony had a walkway from the door to his desk. I am so ashamed. I grabbed my zune and started jamming out to the glee soundtracks and I accomplished the whole room in 3 hrs. I took some pictures just because I am so proud that it is actually usable again.

I have a new wreath that I want to start. I found it on this blog and I have been waiting to find some time to do it. I now have my room back so I can finally do it up there other than messing up the kitchen. It will look great in my office. Hurray for me and accomplishing something even when I feel like death!
This is where I sit and read when Anthony is playing his man games on the computer.   
This is my desk. One day when we move I hope to get a bigger one. This is hard to keep clean and organized. Not enough room in this house though. 
All my crap. This will stay clean for a good week or two. 
Storage unit and his desk. It was too bright outside to get a full shot of his desk. Its just a desk though.
I told Anthony after I finished that I had a surprise for him and it was be a good idea if he brought me Zupas home in return for this great gift. I think 3 hours of cleaning is worthy of a good meal. I can't wait to see how impressed he is with me. I also can't wait to eat Zupas. MMMM

7 comments:

terrah said...

I love it! I know from personal experience that craft rooms and offices are the hardest things to organize. Yours looks great! I'm impressed you could do it in one go.

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Wow, you are amazing. I did the exact same thing yesterday for the same exact reason, and today I'm determined to clean up a bit. You are quite the motivationalist. That's not a word, until now.

Madeline said...

A clean house feels so good! You craft room is adorable.

Shanna said...

Way to go! That looks amazing! Definitely worth Zupas! I ate lunch there yesterday...I felt like I deserved it. I'm not sure why, but I'm sure if I gave it a few minutes I could come up with a really great justification. Hope the room stays clean forever and ever...or at least for a while.

Also, I am REALLY hoping I see your face tomorrow. It will be very sad if you don't make it...in fact, I will have a "bad face" all night if you aren't there. Ok, so that's it for my pleading...I will just plan on seeing you there!

Love,
Shanna

Jan DeGiulio said...

Sorry you were sick. Your craft room look fantastic! Cut and CLEAN!

josh.kyla.avery said...

So i've been a blog hopping slacker and just caught up on all your adventures in california. I served in napa on my mission and i would totally move there. I'm jealous you got to go...one day josh and i want to go do all the touristy stuff. We'll know who to talk to to make sure we hit all the good spots! Hope you're feeling better!

Unknown said...

And now I found your blog, so I can blog stalk you!!! I am coming back to Utah in Dec and I think I will be doing Shanna's hair and you should come and have some chit chat fun with us!!!