Saturday, May 22, 2010

Our "Yard"


Today me and Anthony accomplished something great! We don't have a big yard, in fact anyone else would say that our strip of dirt was just that, dirt....not a yard. Because I have always wanted my own yard I have decided to call it my yard.....so there.

My yard has been sad. I have one strip of dirt under the windows and a circular mound of dirt that once had a tree in it (I dug down to the stump today). The circular mound periodically will grow some tulips, which I love but after a week or two they are dead and then I don't know what to do with it.

After a quick trip to the handy store we filled the poor mini cooper to the brim and headed home. It is so nice to have Anthony home. I had the best time with him today.After we worked on the "yard" I watched Anthony clean the patio while I complained about life and the cold weather. I apologized later for taking advantage of his motivation, but I was drained by that point. Afterwards we fired up the grill and it was a perfect ending to a wonderful day.

Anyways, what do you think of my new yard? I love the contrast between the black mulch and bright green plants. I would love your comments, as I am extremely proud of it.





4 comments:

Raymond and Nicole said...

that is very nice looking!!! and good for you for having the motivation!! I want a pretty yard but most the time I'm too tired to care about it!! Go Lindsey!!

The DeGiulio's said...

You yard looks beautiful! Great job.

Warren and Kelsey Fairbanks said...

How stinkin cute! I love it when husbands do adorable things like that. I love your yard! It's very cute, and chic!

Shanna said...

I love your "yard", it's beautiful! I cant wait to see it live!