Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birthdays! Cakes! Balloons!

I have been away for far too long! Life is busy for us in the summer. 80% of our 3 families have birthdays in the summer. It is nuts! Plus this laptop is getting up there in age and I have found it hard to find the motivation to sign on. Editing photos take forever. The pictures below were were the boost I needed. 

Jaden and Alexa had a birthday! YAY! Jaden is 5. It is crazy to me! I can't get enough of this kid. He is hilarious and super smart. I love his personality. 

Alexa turned 1. She the exact opposite of Jaden. She is calm and an observer. She can sit in the same place with a toy for the longest time and stay content. She has the sweetest smile and she just melts my heart.

I love both of them so much and I am so happy when I get to see them.


2 Saturday ago (yes, it was that long ago!) we celebrated their birthdays together. There was lots of water balloons and little boys running around the yard. It was so fun to watch them.


Aren't they just adorable! I could just eat them up!


I also had a birthday a couple of days ago. I am 26. It seems really old to me. Closer to 30 than 20. It has got me thinking about things. It feels weird that I don't have any kids of my own at this age. Life definitely hasn't gone the way I thought it would. I remember when we were engaged. I remember saying, (Either to myself or out loud...who knows?) "I am going to be done having kids by 25." Younger Linds was so naive.

I am glad that we have waited though. I know what kind of parents we are going to be....perfect of course (; We both have grown up so much in the last year or two. I can't imagine how I would have raised kids when I was 19, 20, 21. I hope that we can start that journey soon but for now we are so happy to have each other. We will be moving in the next couple of months and just the thought makes me giddy. Change is a comin and I love it!

Oh, back to my birthday.....

Anthony got me signed up for a cooking class. It was so thoughtful of him. I am so excited! He also got me a purse/bag for my camera. Shanna got me some toms, nail polish and my favorite movie, "Something Borrowed." His Mom and Step Dad got me some pearls. They are really pretty. I also scarfed my face numerous times with Shanna, Anth and Kristi. They all separately took me out for birthday meals. I have the best family/friends.

This weekend we are heading back to Tremonton to celebrate my birthday, my Moms birthday and Fathers Day. I told you we are busy in the summer. Next weekend, Shanna and I will be traveling to the grand state of Idaho. She has a friends wedding to attend and I am her chauffeur. It is at the very tip of Idaho, which is about an 11 hour drive. Yikes. Of course, as always, it will be a fun trip. We are great at road trips. I am sure we will have lots of stories and pictures to share. A post will definiately happen.

Thanks everyone for still stopping by. I want to post more often. I will try my hardest. Love you all!

2 comments:

Jan DeGiulio said...

Glad you had a happy birthday! Loved all the birthday pictures you posted. Where are you moving? Have you bought a home yet?

Kelsey said...

Glad you had a great birthday!! Your neice and nephew are adorable!! :) I really do wanna get together for lunch! My mom was saying she wanted to meet up with your mom for lunch one day too! Maybe we can all eat together?! :)