Saturday, January 28, 2012

Book Journals

Thanks for returning after the poo fiasco.....lets move one, shall we?
I have a lot of books, at least a 1/4 of these books have never been opened, which I find to be a shame. There are some that I return to time and time again, {thinking I haven't read them} just to find 30 pages in that yes, I have indeed depleted their pages. During some Christmas shopping I stumbled on a reading journal.

It is small book, inconspicuous when stacked amongst the rest.
I love this little book. It fits perfectly in my little stubby hands and it feels old, antiquely like. I find myself with the huge urge to sniff it on occasion.....for it looks like it belongs in the back of an old highly inhabited library, tucked away for no one at all.
It has lots of different fun pages to fill in. It reminds me of a book you would chuck at your reprehensible child during church to shut them up. It calms me down every time.
 Favorite thing about it is that I no longer need to strain my fragile brain..Have I read this book already...I can pull out my little sniff inducing book and see if I have read the book in question. Its phenomenal. I might buy 2 or 3 more so I have them on hand. It would be a shame to find they stopped selling them. Do you have some way of keeping track of your reads? Do you use Goodreads? I have found that I have the same feelings towards the website as I do with my nook, the internet is great, the nook is great. But...there is nothing like holding a heavy book in yours hands, and pulling out an old book journal to see where you have been. Both are great, and I will continue to use both. But tonight I found this little journal to be a nice reprieve.

What are your thoughts on the manner?

1 comment:

KEK said...

I agree, goodreads is great but to an extent. Sometimes, I just get tired of looking at a screen all day. I joined a book club this year- finally! I had mixed feelings on the first book we read, Caleb's Crossing, and we are reading "The Scarlet Pimpernell" for February. I'm hosting in March, and still looking around. I guess the best place to look first is my bookshelf. Ha!