Monday, October 25, 2010

Camping In October


Sometimes things turn out as expected, sometimes things don't. I like things to go as expected. This is why I am always on time and don't take risks. This camping trip was not what I expected. Let me explain:

About a month ago Leonard (Anths Dad) asked us to take some time off so we could go camping. He told us we would be going camping sometime in October....uh what? I like camping, don't get me wrong. I love the fresh air, goofing off with family, and of course I love camping food. I am a fair weather camper though. This means I normally camp in perfect conditions.

This weekend we did not have perfect weather conditions though. Up until the very last hour before camping I fully anticipated a call saying that due to excessive amount of rain we wouldn't be going. I was wrong.

We loaded up the motorhome and headed up to Jordanelle with Debbie (Anths Step Mom) where we met Leonard about an hour later. It rained quite a bit that first night but we did get a break for awhile so we could enjoy a nice fire.

The next day Mike (Anths younger Bro) arrived. It rained all morning and all night. It did not stop once. We all hunkered down in the motorhome. I am so grateful that we weren't kicked out to our tent. They are so sweet and shared their motorhome with us. It would have been miserable outside. It was nice and cozy inside with the heater running and we slept so well both nights.

The following day we woke up to 4 inches of snow! Insane.

Regardless of all the weather we encountered I want them to know how much fun I had. Leonard kicked my trash in Phase10. It was hard to give up the title of best player. I have held that title for awhile now. I may have got sulky after the second game. He is so fun to hang out with. I am really blessed to have him as my father in-law. Debbie is the sweetest lady and always puts others first. She was a wonderful cook as always and I love her to pieces. All the siblings were going to come up at some point but because of the weather we decided it would be best if they stayed home. It was a bummer to not see everyone but it was nice to hang out with just us.

Sometimes things are unexpected, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Thanks Leonard and Debbie for such a wonderful trip! Love you both so much!

Can you believe the snow? The sun finally came out...as we were loading up....rude

Ummm Yum! Homemade fresh blueberry muffins. Best I have ever had!

All I have to say about this photo is I was strictly going for comfort and warmth. These aren't suppose to be outdoor public pants. I'm judging my outfit enough for all of us.
I'm not sleeping. This was my copilot seat. I devoured the book in the photo in that seat. So good! "Tell No One" by Harlan Corben. Go get it, it's good.

I may look happy, but inside I was crying. Leonard was wasting me.
Love this picture. Dubba and Leonard going for a quick walk right before we left.

"It is ever going to stop raining?"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

R U CRAZY! Camping in Oct, esp in Utah where the weather is unpredictable!!! Well at least it was an adventure!

The DeGiulio's said...

Haha camping in October huh? Thats nice you had a motor home to hang out in & I cant believe it snowed 4 inches. Glad you had a fun time regardless to things not going as planned

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

wow, you've got guts. I would never go camping, especially in October. Actually that's a lie, I think it would be fun, so long as I had a cabin or a motorhome like you. Looks like a lot of fun though... really pretty with the snow!

Alicia said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Camping in October is fun! Camping in rain is fun! Camping in snow? I don't know haven't tried it yet. Probably won't ever on purpose. Joe hates camping in snow.

Jan DeGiulio said...

You guys are troopers! I'm glad you had a fun time and the snow is beautiful as well as that muffin!