Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'll never let go Jack......

Please start the video before continuing, it will set the mood for this post.




I saw avatar last night. It took all of my strength and motivation to leave the comforts of my home to see this movie. I was not interested in the slightest to see it. I was so upset when I heard that it had financially passed The Titanic. Being the great wife that I am, I gave in. Let me tell you how I feel about Titanic.

* I have the heart of the ocean.

How Santa Claus was able to retrieve it from the ocean to delivery it to me is beyond my imagination. Kristi has one...but of course mine is the original and hers is a duplicate. Don't tell her this though. Do I wear it every day? Of course not, do you know how much this treasure is? I would be mugged the second I walked out my house I'm sure. My Avon Representative would be all over me!
*I saw Titanic 7 times in the theatres. Kristi saw it 10 times.
This is a ridiculous amount of time and money spent on this movie. It changed my life though. I loved Jack. I could go on and on about how this movie was the center of my attention in high school. Most of my friends back then did not know this, but it did, it consumed me.

With this being said I did not want to be apart of Avatar. How on earth could it be better than Titanic? Do you remember the emotion you felt after Rose let go of Jack and he sank in the Atlantic? I said the same thing in my head as I took my seat in the theatre yesterday....I'll never let go Jack.

The movie started and I got sucked in.....sucked in hard. At one point I felt my lip part and I almost screamed a tribal chant along with the others but then remembered where I was. I immediately felt my face heat up. How could a movie do this? I am hear to proclaim that it was the most amazing movie I have seen in a very long time. Do you remember when you first saw a bugs life and there was so much detail and you just couldn't believe your eyes? That's how I felt....like I was witnessing a miracle.

I'm sorry Jack, I love you, I always will, but you died.....you sank to the depth of the sea. I have held on to you for so long, but just like that day Rose let go of your hand, I too have. This is me (Lindsey K Lyman) moving on from Titantic. Who knew that a movie filled with blue people could do this to such a fan.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Bahahahahaha! This is a great post. I love your confession about how strong your love for Titanic is and was. While I agree that Avatar was an optical masterpiece, it is not my favorite. Here is why...

#1. It was uber long
#2. Take away the blue people and the pretty colors it was your run of the mill war/battle movie.
#3. It had the chick from Blue Crush and Fast and the Furious...I have a difficult time taking anything she is in seriously.

Overall, I'm not saying it was bad, and I had a pretty good time in the theater myself. I'm glad you have let Jack go, as it was probably time, and moved on to something else.

Love, Shanna