Sunday, October 30, 2011

A package in the mail

I have a funny Aunt. Her name is Aunt Heidi and she is a delight. Let me tell you a few things about her.

* I can only think of 2 or 3 times that I have actually seen her. It is a shame to me.
* I have a cousin. But I have never met her. Which is an even bigger shame. One time when our family visited Heidi and her dear Husband Walt, my cousin was sleeping and we didn't get to see her. That is the closest I have been to meeting my cousin.
* I have 2 very distinctive memories of my Aunt:
#1 This memory stemmed from the one time I thought of creeping into the babies room to sneak a peek got close to meeting my cousin, we sat down together for dinner. They had invited my family over to eat. We were on vacation and it was nice of them to provide a meal to us. She had a full course meal, meaning we started with a salad. This salad was a real salad, not that crappy romaine lettuce. "This is living!", I thought. Not only did they have a beautiful house, but they had leafy greens! {Looking back it was probably just spinach LOL} I remember nothing else from this visit besides the salad and the impact it had on me. I vowed to someday be like my aunt and provide full course meals to distant relatives.

#2 When I was about 12ish, Heidi was down at my house visiting. Me and Kristi were left alone with her in the family room and I took it upon myself to entertain her. Why my parents allowed me to do this is beyond my comprehension. I did what anybody would do in a uncomfortable situation....I tried to impress her.....with a dirty joke. I got 3/4 of the way done and she put the kabosh on it. I have been mortified about this ever since. I finally apologized to her in a blog comment about a month ago. Luckily she had no recollection of this. Thank goodness!

*She is extremely talented! She also home-schools my cousin. How amazing is she?!
*She hasn't washed her hair with shampoo or conditioner for weeks (maybe months now). You can read about it here. That was a random thought but I find it amazing!
*She has an extremely witty blog and I look forward to reading every post.

Where is all this leading to? Well she had made a felt nativity set and I just had to have one! Where does this woman get all of her talent?
 
{Insert audible AWWW!} Aren't they the cutest things ever!? I can't wait to be able to show them off during the holidays.

Head over to her blog and check her out. She is the funniest blogger ever and I am so happy that we can connect through blogs, facebook, google plus, pinterest the world wide web (: Oh and if you are interested in some cute felt items check out her new etsy shop.

One day soon I hope to visit her family {and more fancy leafy greens} I might even promise to not tell another dirty joke.....maybe. Love ya tons Aunt Heidi!

{Heidi doesn't know I did this post. She did not tie me up and make me type this post with my pointy nose, nor did she ask me to. She is a humble aunt. I just wanted to let everyone know how great I think she is.}

1 comment:

simply heidi said...

Lindsey! Oh my goodness. Thank you - I'm humbled by your kindness.
You can come have my fancy spinach anytime. :)
I just made Walt read this and he teared up a little. Then he said, "I'm surprised you [meaning me] weren't the one telling the dirty joke." Frankly, so am I.
I think you're wonderful! Thanks for being my internetz buddy. Love you!